Effective teams are defined by close communication and collaboration; that is the very definition of “teamwork”. But recurring meetings and mass emails overwhelm inboxes and schedules. The answer to effectiveness is social media/knowledge exchanges. This avenue enables efficient communications and collaboration because they are online, available at any time and place. Community meetings/discussions are convenient for the participants and thus are much more likely to get useful, thoughtful contributions that move the team forward.
Benefits - Community interactions providing
insights that lead to:
- Faster adoption of new products and programs because roadblocks have been addressed; consensus reached
- Building of comprehensive best practices
- Requirements for new projects and best practices, especially around new technology
- Developing effective messages for new product rollout
- Identifying of thought leaders based on their community contribution
Metrics - The Effectiveness of Your Community:
Are your participants involved?
- Are they listening?
- Do they understand?
- Are they responding?
- Do they check back?
- Are they committed?
- Is there consensus?
- How broad is the community reach?
- Does it foster grassroots feedback?
If you have a need for a virtual content community or
process improvement solution in the healthcare field...